News Just In (within the last hour)
Alt
Thursday, April 26, 2018 10:55 AM
UNITED NATIONS (AP) — The Latest on a meeting at the U.N. Security Council on the Mideast and the Israeli-Palestinian conflict (all times local):
2 p.m.
Israel's U.N. ambassador is denying Palestinian claims that protests in Gaza are peaceful and accusing Hamas, which controls the coastal territory, of orchestrating confrontations along the security fence with Israel and using women and children as human shields.
Danny Danon told the U.N. Security Council on Thursday there is nothing peaceful about Palestinians putting explosives on the fence, firing over it, setting off firebombs, burning tires and throwing Molotov cocktails.
Danon called the protests "riots" and said Hamas "terrorists are hiding while allowing — even hoping — for their people to die." He called this "evil in its purest form."
The U.N. Mideast envoy, Nickolay Mladenov, said 35 Palestinians have been killed and "large numbers" injured by Israeli military forces since protests in Gaza began on March 30. Israel has been accused by rights groups of using excessive force.
Danon said Israel has an obligation to protect its citizens "and we will do so while minimizing casualties to the other side."
___
12:35 p.m.
The Palestinian U.N. ambassador is accusing Israel's military forces of targeting civilians in Gaza and has described their deliberate killing and wounding as "terrorism."
Riyad Mansour told the U.N. Security Council on Thursday that "the international community must demand answers from Israel."
The U.N. Mideast envoy, Nickolay Mladenov, said 35 Palestinians have been killed and "large numbers" wounded by Israeli military forces since protests along the Gaza-Israel border began on March 30.
Mansor says it shouldn't be surprising that Palestinians "living in the longest military occupation and most protracted refugee crisis in modern history" would rise up peacefully "to demand their dignity and freedom" — especially in Gaza where he said its 2 million inhabitants are under an Israeli land, sea and air blockade.
Mansour urged the Security Council to take immediate action "to de-escalate this dangerous situation."
___
12:20 p.m.
The U.N.'s top Mideast envoy says the Gaza Strip is "a powder keg" and declared that the world "must do everything possible to prevent another war" between Israel and the Palestinians and elsewhere in the Mideast.
Nickolay Mladenov also warned that prospects for Israeli-Palestinian peace are slipping further away, "emboldening extremists and deepening polarization and mistrust on all sides."
He says that with tensions mounting across the region, "the Israeli-Palestinian conflict remains a perpetual source of oxygen for militants and radicals across the Middle East."
Mladenov spoke to the U.N. Security Council on Thursday.
He says there is no military solution to any Mideast conflict and added that de-escalation is critical "in this highly charged and dangerous environment."
He urged everyone in the region "to step back from the brink."
Copyright 2017 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Alt
Thursday, April 26, 2018 10:16 AM
GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip (AP) — The body of a Hamas scientist who was gunned down in Malaysia last week was returned to the Gaza Strip on Thursday for burial.
Relatives, Hamas leaders and other political faction chiefs greeted the body of Fadi al-Batsh as it entered Gaza through Egypt.
Al-Batsh's family said he would be buried later on Thursday, after Hamas officials had earlier said they would hold a large public funeral on Friday. It was not immediately clear why the timing of the funeral was changed.
Al-Batsh, a lecturer in electrical engineering at a Malaysian university, was killed by a pair of assailants on a motorcycle as he was walking to pray at a mosque on Saturday. Hamas has accused Israel's Mossad spy agency of being behind the killing.
"You are returning back to us ... paving the way for our return to Palestine," said Khalil al-Hayya, a top Hamas leader, at a small ceremony at the border crossing. The coffin lay on a table, wrapped in a Palestinian flag.
"To the occupation, we say the debt to us has become heavy," he said. "The day of punishment is coming."
Hamas has identified al-Batch as a commander in its military wing, but said little else about his activities. Israeli media have reported that he was involved in Hamas' military drone program.
Mourners carry the body of Palestinian journalist Ahmed Abu Hussein, who died after being shot by Israeli troops while covering a border protest during his funeral in the Jebaliya refugee camp, Gaza Strip, Thursday, April 26, 2018. (AP Photo/Adel Hana) Israel has a long history of assassinating wanted militants, though it rarely acknowledges responsibility. But in a published interview Thursday, Israeli Defense Minister Avigdor Lieberman said Israel did not do it.
"We did not assassinate him," Lieberman told the Arabic news site Elaph. When asked who killed al-Batsh, the minister said: "Ask James Bond ... maybe James Bond killed him like in the movies."
Israel and Hamas, a militant group sworn to Israel's destruction, are bitter enemies that have fought three wars since Hamas seized control of Gaza in 2007.
Tensions have heightened recently as Hamas has organized mass protests next to the Israeli border.
Earlier on Thursday in Gaza, hundreds of Palestinians took part in the funeral of a Gaza journalist who died after being shot by Israeli troops while covering a protest on April 13.
Ahmed Abu Hussein, 24, died from his wounds on Wednesday at an Israeli hospital, where he had been transferred.
Mourners gather around the body of Palestinian journalist Ahmed Abu Hussein, who died after being shot by Israeli troops while covering a border protest during his funeral in the Jebaliya refugee camp, Gaza Strip, Thursday, April 26, 2018. (AP Photo/Adel Hana) Amateur video taken at the time shows him wearing a blue vest and helmet with the word "TV" on it. He appeared to be standing far from the Israeli border in a group of bystanders when he was shot.
In a statement Thursday, the Israeli military said "the circumstances regarding the injury of Ahmed Abu Hussein will be examined."
Thirty-five protesters, including two journalists, have been killed by Israeli live fire during the weekly demonstrations.
The Palestinian Health Ministry said Thursday that 21 of those wounded by Israeli fire in the protests have since had to undergo amputations due to their wounds. It said 17 lost legs and four lost fingers or parts of their upper limbs.
Rights groups, the U.N. and the European Union have all criticized Israel's use of live fire against unarmed protesters.
Israel says it is defending its border and accuses Hamas of using the demonstrations as cover to plan and carry out attacks.
Copyright 2017 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Alt
Thursday, April 26, 2018 6:40 AM
THE MILLENNIUM REPORT : Reporting the Most Important News in the World Today
SOS: Major False Flag Ship Attack
on U.S. Navy in Mediterranean
Planned as Pretext for World War III
NEOCON ZIONISTS TARGET SYRIA
ATTACK ON PEARL HARBOR: View from Pier 1010 with USS Shaw and USS Nevada burning
TMR Editor’s Note:
Everything now points to a major false flag ship attack being staged by the Zio-Franco-Anglo-American Axis and NATO on the U.S. Navy in the eastern Mediterranean.
Nothing galvanizes the American public to war like a surprise attack on a ship.
History offers several glaring examples of where false flag and outright attacks on ships were set up by the Western powers to provide a provocative pretext to wage war. As follows:
“Remember the Maine” was used a pretext to start the Spanish–American War. American yellow journalism began in earnest with the sinking of the USS Maine–an American naval ship that was sunk in Havana Harbor during the Cuban revolt against Spain.
The sinking of the RMS Lusitania in 1915 by a German U-boat was actually set up by Great Britain as a way of inflaming sentiments against Germany, which it did. False information was deceptively back-channeled by British agents to the German navy about weapons being transported in order to draw the outrageous attack.
President Franklin Delano Roosevelt allowed the attack on Pearl Harbor (authentic US Gov’t documents have proved his foreknowledge) to guarantee U.S. military involvement in World War II. While this was not a false flag attack, Roosevelt’s failure to prevent it worked like a charm.
The fake Gulf of Tonkin incident was used by President Lyndon Johnson to greatly intensify the Vietnam War. US Secretary of Defense Robert S. McNamara admitted that the August 4 Gulf of Tonkin attack never happened.
There are other stealth attacks on prominent ships which have served to trigger specific outcomes, not necessarily armed conflict, throughout modern history. One of the most shocking demonstrations of the power of false flag ship attacks was the intentional sinking of the RMS Titanic.
Sinking of the Titanic: A False Flag Operation to Establish the Federal Reserve
Three Strikes Quite unfortunately, President Donald Trump already has 2 strikes against him. He has shown a great willingness to go along with the transparent false flags in Syria. On two occasions (both conducted in the month of April) the whole world knew that the false flag chemical attacks in Syria were staged by the American coalition. Nevertheless, the POTUS trumpeted an entirely false narrative to the world, and then followed up with an unlawful missile attack on a sovereign nation in both instances.
KEY POINT: Trump also ‘bought’ into the patently false narrative surrounding the nerve agent poisoning of the Skripals in Salisbury, England. He then grossly overreacted — before any conclusive evidence was presented — by expelling 60 Russian diplomats and officers based on what has turned out to be a naked and quite deliberate lie. The world community of nations knew that the poisoning was carried out by the British intel community; why didn’t President Trump?
Where it concerns Syria, however, we can see Trump’s Achilles’ heel. He has shown no inclination to even ascertain the truth of the matter BEFORE LAUNCHING A MILITARY ATTACK . This illicit presidential behavior is not only unprecedented, it’s setting him up to have the same knee-jerk reaction when a U.S. naval vessel is sunk via a CIA-NATO coordinated black operation in the eastern Mediterranean. Such a cynical false flag attack by the Western powers could have the practical effect of starting the hot phase of World War III.
In all likelihood, this is exactly how the clandestine perpetrators will goad the United States and her allies into a full-scale conflict in Syria. They know that nothing assaults the American psyche like a U.S. warship going down in flames. They’re also aware that once this particular false flag trigger is pulled, there’s no putting the genie back in the bottle.
Nonetheless, both a wider war in the Northern Levant and/or a WW3 scenario can be averted altogether when a sufficient number of Alt Media outlets are collectively disseminating this critical information. The single best way to prevent these Operation Gladio attacks is to expose them in advance. Were the “global village” (i.e. planet made small because of the Internet) to have known about the 9/11 false flag operation well before September 11, 2001, the perps would not have conducted those US government-sponsored acts of terrorism.
Special Note: It’s absolutely necessary to understand the highly deceptive strategy being employed by the Neocon Zionists. They are implementing a joint CIA, MI6, DGSE, GID and MOSSAD black operation throughout Syria. By utilizing the well-established Operation Gladio terrorist infrastructure throughout the Northern Levant, these NWO globalists are planning a series of shocking false flags in order to advance their ill-fated Greater Israel project. The major NATO military powers (U.S., U.K. & France) in collusion with various offshoots of the Al-Qaeda terror network (ISIS, Al-Nusra Front, & Syrian rebels) are setting up the Syrian battlefield to eventually “shock and awe” Damascus. The reason why Saudi Arabia and Israel are have recently become allies in this Greater Israel enterprise is because both nations are run by the same crypto-Jewish Zionist cabal. They are both deeply committed to Ersatz Israel and integral to expanding Israel’s borders throughout the Levant. Because Putin’s Kremlin poses the single greatest impediment to the Greater Israel project , staging a false flag attack on a US Navy ship is the easiest way to blame a fake ‘act of war’ on Russia and/or Iran. This would in turn embolden the Christian and Jewish Zionists in positions of power throughout the USA and Israel to trigger their long-awaited Armageddon .
Conclusion The Neocons Zionists have completely taken over the Trump administration. These inveterate warmongers are determined to conquer Syria no matter what it takes.
The Syrian Holocaust: A Preplanned Genocide And Forced Exodus
Alt
Thursday, April 26, 2018 6:17 AM
A Turkish court has sentenced 13 journalists to prison on terrorism charges, prompting international condemnation of the country’s deteriorating press freedoms. The BBC reports that the journalists, who worked for an opposition newspaper called Cumhuriyet, were arrested during a crackdown that followed a failed coup attempt in 2016.
The defendants include journalists, managers and a lawyer for the paper, which has taken a strong stance against the government of President Recep Tayyip Erdogan. Those convicted face up to seven and a half years behind bars, but will remain free pending their appeals.
Akin Atalay, the paper’s chairman, was sentenced to seven years in prison after already serving 500 days. Editor-in-chief Murat Sabuncu and prominent cartoonist Musa Kart were among those jailed. Three journalists were also acquitted, according to the BBC.
The Cumhuriyet staff were accused of affiliation with groups labeled as terror organizations by the government, such as the Kurdistan Workers’ Party (PKK) and the leftist Revolutionary People’s Liberation Party-Front.
They have also been accused of supporting the cleric Fetullah Gulen, who has been living in the U.S. in self-imposed exile.
More than 50,000 people were arrested in Turkey and 150,000 removed or suspended from their jobs in the wake of the attempted coup, including public servants, members of the media, police, military personnel and teachers.
“Enough is enough with this cruelty,” read Cumhuriyey’s front page editorial prior to the court hearing, the BBC reports. “You will be shamed in front of history,” said the paper’s website after the ruling.
Press freedom advocates have denounced the convictions.
“We condemn the convictions handed down to Cumhuriyet journalists by a justice system so compromised it should be on trial itself,” Nina Ognianova of the Committee to Protect Journalists said in a statement. “Conflating journalism with terrorism is a transparently cynical ploy by the Turkish authorities to shut down the press. We call for all of these verdicts to be overturned on appeal.”